If you have a small bathroom that could use an upgrade, you aren't alone. When your bathroom is small, it can be difficult to create a bathroom design that makes the most out of your available space. Fortunately, you don't have to put off your bathroom renovations. There are numerous ways to transform your small bathroom into a well-functioning space that you'll love.
Bathtubs take up a lot of valuable bathroom space. So, if you can live without a bathtub, consider installing a stand-alone shower. A custom shower enclosure allows you to design a shower that fits both your space and your needs. Also, installing a frameless shower enclosure is a great way to give your bathroom a streamlined, modern look.
If you have a small bathroom that already has a stand-alone shower, you should consider upgrading your current shower enclosure to a frameless design. This way, you don't have to spend a lot of time cleaning around the shower frame. Contact a company like Ridge Glass & Mirror for a quote on your custom shower.
Additional Storage Space
Having a small bathroom often means you have limited storage space. Fortunately, it isn't difficult to create additional bathroom storage space.
- Install a behind-the-toilet storage cabinet to store additional washcloths and towels.
- Install a hook for each family member on your bathroom door or wall. This way, each member of your family has a place to hang up their bath towel and washcloth between showers.
- Install a shelf over the top of the bathroom door to store excess toilet paper and other items that you purchase in bulk so that they are out of the way.
- Place shelving units or cabinets in the additional space you created by removing your bathtub and installing a custom shower enclosure.
Small bathrooms tend to come with small vanities, which isn't ideal if you're sharing the space with others. So, measure the space that you have, and invest in a vanity that has as much counter space as possible. Also, keep the items that you store underneath your bathroom sink organized by:
- Purchasing a bathroom bin for each person in your family. This way, each family member has a specific space to store personal items. If you have numerous people sharing the same bathroom, purchasing stackable bins allow you to make the most of your space.
- Hanging a tension rod in the cabinet under the sink. Use the tension rod to hang spray bottles so that they aren't taking up a lot of room at the bottom of the cabinet.
- Hanging small baskets on the back of the vanity door or on the bathroom wall near the vanity. Use the baskets to store small bathroom appliances, such as hair straighteners, curling irons, and hair dryers.
It doesn't have to be difficult to upgrade your bathroom. All you need to do is create a design that makes the most of the space that you have. This way, you can turn your tiny bathroom into a space that fits your family's everyday needs.